This set of cards contains 52 statements. As you go through them (either alone or in a group), decide whether or not you identify with, or in any way recognise, what is being said. If you do, place the card on a pile to the right; if you don't, put it on a pile to the left.
At the end of the exercise, see how many cards you have on the right and discover how normal you are and how well you really know yourself.
- 'I've mostly just pretended to be in love.'
- 'I'm far meaner than anyone thinks.'
- 'I'm an enormous coward.'
- 'I've never really got much out of any 'classic' book I've read.'
- 'I'm scared of asking for directions or of walking into fancy shops.'